Old school open tenders are being replaced by ICT marketplace frameworks that showcase SMEs. The benefits are many:
- Savings are achieved by buying directly from the supplier without markups from systems integrators.
- More SME are accessible to government as the time and cost to sell to government is reduced. This increases the options for customers, who will have a greater choice of suppliers thus creating a more competitive pricing environment.
- SMEs are often deep specialists in a particular type of IT service, and can apply their skills and knowledge to bring more innovative approaches to the customer than larger, “general purpose” suppliers. And innovative approaches lead to better, as well as cheaper, solutions.
- SME's are more AGILE and can respond to government needs quickly and efficiently.
- Time to purchase is significantly shorter.
How a look at the marketplace frameworks available in your juristiction: